Active Ingredient: Moxidectin 20g/L
Neovemox Long Acting Injection for Sheep is ideal for use where the paddock larval burden is high, or where animal immunity is expected to be low, for example: lactating ewes and merino weaners. It is recommended for highly contaminated pastures.
Neovemox Long Acting Injection for Sheep is for treatment and control of roundworms, nasal bot and itchmite in sheep and for protection against severe challenge by Haemonchus contortus (barber’s pole worm) for up to 4 months.
- Long acting control of barber’s pole worm, Teladorsagia (Ostertagia) circumcincta for not less than 91 days, and Trichostrongylus colubriformis for up to 49 days.
- Long acting protection against severe challenge by barber’s pole worm for up to 4 months.
- Nasal bot control
- Itchmite control
Neovemox Long Acting Injection for Sheep contains moxidectin, a second generation of the macrocyclic lactone family. It is effective against sensitive strains of the following parasites and provides protection against severe challenge by Haemonchus contortus (barber’s pole worm) for up to 4 months:
Mature (adult) and immature (L4)
- Haemonchus contortus (barber’s pole worm)
- Trichostrongylus spp. (black scour worm)
- Trichostrongylus axei (stomach hair worm)
- Trichostrongylus colubriformis
- Teladorsagia (Ostertagia) spp. (small brown stomach worm)
- Teladorsagia (Ostertagia) circumcincta
- Ostertagia lyrata
- Cooperia spp. (small intestinal worm)
- Cooperia oncophora
- Nematodirus spp. (thin necked intestinal worm)
- Nematodirus battus
- Nematodirus filicollis
- Nematodirus spathiger
- Strongyloides papillosus (intestinal threadworm)
- Oesophagostomum columbianum (nodule worm)
- Chabertia ovina (large mouthed bowel worm)
- Dictyocaulus filaria (large lungworm)
- Trichostrongylus rugatus
- Trichostrongylus vitrinus
- Ostertagia trifurcata
- Coopeda curticei
- Nematodirus abnormalis
- Nematodirus helvetianus
- Oesophagostomum venulosum (large bowel worm)
- Trichuris avis
- Psorergates avis (itch mite)
- Oestrus avis (nasal bot)
When Neovemox Long Acting Injection for Sheep is used at the recommended dose rate as a single subcutaneous injection, it prevents reinfection of the sheep with nematodes as in the following table:
||T. (O.) circumcincta
|Prevents reinfection of sheep with worms
||Not less than 91 days
||Not less than 91 days
||Up to 49 days
Neovemox Long Acting Injection for Sheep has been shown to protect sheep against severe challenge by H.contortus for up to 4 months.
Neovemox Long Acting Injection for Sheep is effective against benzimidazole and levamisole resistant strains of H.contortus, T. colubriformis and T. (O). circumcincta.
Neovemox has shown efficacy against a number of avermectin resistant strains of H.contortus and Teladorsagia (Ostertagia) spp. However, as Neovemox shares a similar mechanism of action to the avermectins, it SHOULD NOT be used where avermectin resistance is present, except where specifically recommended by an advisor.
Neovemox Long Acting Injection for Sheep has a wide margin of safety when used as recommended.
Neovemox Long Acting Injection for Sheep is safe to use concurrently with other treatments including mineral supplements and vaccines. It is recommended that vaccines are injected on the opposite side of the neck to Neovemox Long Acting Injection for Sheep.
- Meat: DO NOT USE less than 91 days before slaughter for human consumption
- Milk: DO NOT USE in ewes which are producing or may in future produce milk that may be used or processed for human consumption
- ESI: DO NOT USE less than 133 days before slaughter for export
How to Use:
- NEOVEMOX Long Acting Injection for Sheep must be administered by subcutaneous (under the skin) injection at the base of the ear or high on the neck behind the ear
- The product is ready to use
- Administer the dose according to the weight of sheep being treated using the injector gun
- DO NOT underdose
1mg moxidectin / kg liveweight (1mL / 20kg liveweight)
DO NOT USE IN LAMBS LESS THAN 20kg
Animal heavier than 90kg to be dosed at 0.5 mL per 10kg